From collision damage waiver, super collision damage waiver, theft protection, third-party liability insurance policy, uninsured motorist protection coverage, personal accident insurance to roadside assistance coverage as well as full auto rental insurance, there are many options available to you. Instead of getting confused, it is advisable to seek expert assistance and buy the best insurance policy for a rental car.
It is an expensive affair to own a car for many people today. This is because there are different types of other costs involved such as maintenance, service and even expenses related to spare parts. The costs keep on increasing as the car gets older. As a result, many individuals refrain from purchasing a car. Here, rental cars may be a perfect solution. In fact, today’s world offers several options in terms of renting a car. It provides a great level of comfort; and also it is an affordable option. But, have you ever wondered how rental car insurance online works? Improving your knowledge about the subject is very important.
Rental car insurance coverage may work differently from personal auto insurance. Its benefits as well as coverage can differ from company to company and also state to state. Here are different types of auto rental insurance coverages being offered.
- Collision damage waiver covers a person against the damages to the vehicle. But this may not cover other parts except bodywork damage. Windshield, battery, interior damage, etc. may not be covered. On the other side, super collision damage waiver will cover some additional parts of the car.
- Theft protection coverage will creep in if the rented vehicle gets stolen. This may also cover damages to the vehicle which occurs in an effort of stealing.
- Third-party liability insurance policy will pay for damages caused to the third party while driving a rented vehicle. But, remember, this coverage might not be applicable if you are found breaking the rules.
- Personal accident insurance will help to pay out the medical expenses incurred if you get injured.
- Uninsured motorist protection insurance policy will cover injuries or damages in case you are involved in an accident and other driver is not insured.
- On the other side, supplemental liability insurance will help you to increase the maximum amount paid by third-party liability coverage.
- Roadside assistance coverage will come into play if the rented vehicle breaks down.
- Over and above, full protection coverage is a combination of several covers. It should be made known that there will be deductibles in car rental insurance.
Get assisted to find the cheapest Uber rideshare insurance quote online today!